University of Ilorin, UNILORIN Remedial/Pre-degree Admission Form for 2017/2018 Academic Session Announced.
This news is for candidates who have not been admitted and are still interested in gaining admission into University of Ilorin . This is to inform you all that the UNILORIN Pre-Degree/Remedial Admission Form for 2017/2018 Academic Session is on sale.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR UNILORIN PRE-DEGREE/REMEDIAL PROGRAMME
Arts and Arts Education:
Applicants must pass five subjects at Credit level at not more than two sittings in the SSCE/GCE organised by WAEC, NECO, NABTEB and should include the major subjects of study. Note that Credit grades in English Language and Mathematics are compulsory for eventual admission into any programme at the University of Ilorin.
Two of the five subjects must be from Arts while the other three subjects may be from the Social Sciences.
Note: There is no preliminary programme in B.A. (Hons.) English
Agriculture, Engineering and Technology, Environmental Sciences and Science Education, Technology Education and Educational Technology
Applicants must pass the following subjects at credit level; English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics at not more than two sittings in the SSCE/GCE organised by WAEC/NECO and NABTEB
Faculty of Agriculture will accept Credit grade in Agricultural science in lieu of Credit grade in Biology.
DURATION OF UNILORI REMEDIAL/PRE-DEGREE PROGRAMME
The programme is for a duration of two semesters (one academic session).
CANDIDATES ELIGIBLE TO PURCHASE THE UNILORIN REMEDIAL ADMISSION FORM
The preliminary programme is primarily opened to applicants from the Catchment States of the University of Ilorin, (i.e. Benue, Kogi, Kwara, Nassarawa, Niger, Plateau, Sokoto and Zamfara States.
CONDITIONS TO APPLY FOR THE PROGRAMME
- Candidates who want to study Engineering must obtain Credit grades in Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics and sit for Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics at the 2017/2018 JAMB/UTME.
- Candidates MUST write the 2017/2018 JAMB/UTME with relevant subject combination to any programme in either Arts or Sciences and MUST obtain the minimum UTME approved cut off point by the University.
- Consideration for admission into programmes shall be based on performance and quota for each programme.
- Applicants are to note that the programme is residential.
VENUE OF THE UNILORIN PRE-DEGREE/REMEDIAL PROGRAMME
The venue of the programme shall be at the School of Preliminary Studies, Fufu, Ilorin South Local Government Headquarters, Kwara State.
COST OF UNILORIN REMEDIAL/PRE-DEGREE ADMISSION FORM
The admission form for the UNILORIN Remedial/Pre-Degree Programme is Fifteen Thousand Naira Only (N15,000.00)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE UNILORIN REMEDIAL/PRE-UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, UNILORIN REMEDIAL/PRE-DEGREE ADMISSION FORM FOR 2017/2018 SESSION RELEASED.DEGREE ADMISSION FORM
- Candidates are to visit the university of Ilorin website http://www.unilorin.edu.ng
- And follow the link for the 2017/2018 SPS Application. Application forms to be completed online after a payment of N15,000.00 (Fifteen Thousand Naira Only) application fee using interswitch enabled ATM card either Master or Verve card.
- After the completion of the form, each candidate MUST Download a Local Government Confirmation Form which MUST Be endorsed by the Chairman/ Secretary of the local Government Area.
- A candidate who is offered admission will be expected to bring the form and SSCE/GCE certificates/result slips during registration.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SALE OF THE ADMISSION FORM
Closing date for application is 10th January, 2018.