Olabisi Onabanjo University, OOU 27th Convocation Ceremony Programme & Schedule.
This is to inform the general public that Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) 27th Convocation Ceremonies for the 2016/2017 Academic Session have been scheduled for Monday, 29th to Wednesday 31st January, 2018 at Otunba Gbenga Daniel Lecture Theatre, Main Campus of the University, Ago-Iwoye by the University Authorities.
Activities lined up for the Ceremonies and Information to graduands on collection of Gowns and Certificates are as highlighted below:
Tuesday, 23rd – Thursday, 25th January, 2018
Agric & Engineering Show at Open Field Opposite ICT Building, Main Campus – 10.00am daily
Friday, 26th January, 2018
- Football Match –10. 00am.
- Jumat Service – 1: 00pm
- Convocation Play: “Iredi War” – By Sam Ukala – 3: 00pm
Sunday, 28th January, 2018
- Convocation Service @ Chapel of Abundant Life – 10.00am
Monday, 29th January, 2018
- Convocation and Award of Prizes – Faculties of Law, Pharmacy, Basic Medical Sciences, Education and College of Health Sciences – 10.00am.
Tuesday, 30th January, 2018
- Convocation and Award of Prizes – Faculties of Science, Arts, Administration & Management Sciences, College of Engineering & Environmental Studies and College of Agricultural Sciences – 10.00am.
Wednesday, 31st January, 2018
- Convocation Lecture: “State Universities in Nigeria: Their Problems, Prospects and Our Hope”
- Convocation and Award of Prizes
Faculty of Social Sciences, Award of Postgraduate Degrees and Conferment of Honorary Degrees.
- Graduands (B.Sc, M.Sc./PGD) are to pay a sum of thirty-six thousand Naira (N36,000.00) for Academic Gowns, Convocation Brochures, and Scrolls through POS in any of the Bursary Departments of the University Campuses (Ibogun, Ayetoro, Ikenne and Main Campus) while the University will refund six thousand Naira (N6,000.00) on return of Academic Gowns.
- D Candidates will have to pay a non-refundable fee of sixty-five thousand (N65,000.00) for the purchase of academic gowns, scrolls and convocation brochures.
Meanwhile, College Secretaries/Faculty Officers are expected to commence issuance of Academic Gowns to graduands from Wednesday, 17th January, 2018 in their respective Colleges/Faculties while graduands from Basic Medical Sciences, Clinical Sciences, Engineering and Agriculture Sciences will collect theirs at the Directorate of Students Affairs.
However, the University warns that all Academic Gowns collected must be returned in good condition latest by Thursday 8th February, 2018 to enable them merit the refundable deposit of six thousand naira (N6,000.00) to be credited to their various Bank Accounts.
Any graduand who fails to comply with the above condition within the stipulated deadline will be made to pay a penalty fee of six thousand naira (N6,000.00) per week.
All graduands and guests are expected to be seated by 9.00a.m. on the convocation days. Congratulations to OOU graduands of 2016/2017 Academic Session.