Joint Admission And Matriculation Board, JAMB 2018: 40 Likely Questions From The InDependence That Might Be Asked In 2018 UTME
The questions below are picked from different sources. I advice to read painstakingly, and make sure you study the questions very well, as they might be asked in Jamb examination.
Answers are indicated by this sign (√)
Lets get going
1. “An old man should be contemplating his mortality than dreaming of women” – this statement was stated by who?
b) Mr. Richardson
√c) Mr. Ajayi
2. Which day of the week did Tayo leave Nigeria for Oxford in 1963?
3. How many people were in the car when Tayo was being taken to Uncle Kayode’s place?
4. The names of Tayo’s cousin in England were
a)Modupe and Tunde
b) Tunde and Yusuf
c) Bolaji and Ike
√d) Tunde and Jumoke
5. In 1963, Uncle Kayode returned from abroad as
√a) a senior army officer
b) an engineer
c) a wealthy politician
d) a Professor of English Language
6. ‘You’re off to be a Baliol man’ – who stated this?
a) Tyo’s father
b) Uncle Kayode
√d) Headmaster Faircliff
7. For what purpose is Tayo travelling to England?
Ans: To take up a scholarship at Balliol College, Oxford
8. What is the name of Tayo’s school in England?
Ans: Balliol College
9. What is the significance of Tayo’s visit to relatives before embarking on his journey to England?
Ans: It is their tradition
10. Through what means of transportation does Tayo travel to England?
11. Why is Tayo surprised that people do not greet each other in passing in England?
Ans: Because in Nigeria, so much value is attached to greetings
12. In what subject did Bisi receive the highest honours?
13. In the Ajayi motto, all things are expected to be done with moderation except what?
14. Who is Mr Barker?
Ans: He His headmaster and Mr Faircliffe’s old colleague
15. What reminds Tayo of his mother in the Barkers’ house?
Ans: Isabella cooks wonderful meals in a way that reminds Tayo of his mother
16. Christine was in her third year of study when?
Ans: Tayo met her for the first Time
17. What is Vanessa Richardson’s nationality?
18. What is the name of the friend that Vanessa wrote a letter to, concerning the status of women?
19. The full meaning of JACARI is?
Ans: Joint Action Committee Against Racial Inequality
20. What are Christine’s reasons for putting an end to her relationship with Tayo?
Ans: Because she was called ‘clingy’ and the fear of her boy being snatched by some woman.
21. The language of fun among Tayo’s Nigerian friends is ?
22. What are the things that made Tayo remember home each time he is at Christine’s place?
Ans: Her cooking which reminds him of mama and the juju and highlife music she plays
23. What is the trait that Nessa cherises in Tayo and that is absence in Charlie and Mehul?
24. In Tayo’s opinion, what are the root causes of oil corruption and a broken civil service in Nigeria?
Ans: Greed and mismanagement
25. In what university was Tayo offered a job?
Ans: Birmingham University
25. Who is Miriam?
Answer: Tayo’s wife
26. Whose diary did Tayo discover in his study?
27. Why is Miriam loved by Tayo’s family?
Ans: She nursed Tayo’s father with care when he had stroke
28. Whose house is described as ‘Beauty in the Heart of Darkness’?
Ans: Uncle Kayode’s house
28. What is the name of the local artiste that took Tayo to the village?
29. What led to the closure of universities?
Ans: University students protest
30. For what reason is Tayo Opposed to leaving the country?
Ans: He Wanted to wait and help his students
31. In order of occurrence, what are the challenges Tayo faced that made him reconsider leaving Nigeria?
Ans: The broken pipe, his house boy’s leave of him, his disappointment in the Foundation
and threats to his life.
32. What was his purpose of planning to travel to New York, even though he eventually could not?
Ans: To receive an award for his book
33. Why did Simon arrange a meeting for Tayo and whom did he hold it with?
Ans: To help in the possible funding of Tayo’s university
34. What was the outcome of the meeting?
35. Who challenged Tayo on the road on his way home?
Ans: The soldiers
36. What reason did the soldiers give for bringing Tayo home?
Ans: They said Tayo had an accident while driving recklessly
37. What circumstance led to the death of Nessa’s mother?
38. What killed Tayo’s father?
39. By what means did Tayo’s mother die?
Ans: An accident
40. How many years of marriage did Nessa and Edward celebrate at their wedding anniversary?
Ans: 18 years
Now i challenge you to try your understanding on what you have read so far base on the novel In Dependence in our CBT Practice Center, we have created a database The novel IN DEPENDENCE with over 200 Questions.
You May Also Find These Useful:
- JAMB UTME 2018 Recommended Book “InDependence” By Sarah Ladipo Manyika
- Full Chapter By Chapter Summary Of Independence [Jamb Recommended Novel For UTME]
- JAMB Recommended Novel “In Dependence” 94 Likely Questions For UTME Candidates
Thanks for your Interest in EXAMRELIEF Write up, show some Love by sharing this post with your friends using the below share buttons if you find the post helpful